Because I’m spineless and can’t be trusted with secrets (D’Angelo Russell style), I’ve decided to go ahead and post the pairings for round one and round two. I’m not posting the actual match ups … yet. We’re still planning on releasing those during the opening ceremonies. At least that’s the plan. But the Board figured knowing who you are playing with for the first two rounds might help develop some team chemistry and maybe play a hand in some strategy. At the very least, I hope it results in coordinating outfits. Remember, in round 1, you’ll be playing as teammates. Round 2, you’ll just be cart mates. But by round 4, you’ll be soul mates.
Round 1 (2 v 2 matches) Pairings:
- Team 1: Whites James & Kevin | Lloyd & Keith
- Team 2: Andre & Ian | Ben & Bryce
- Team 3: Nate & Greg | Wally & Mat
- Team 4: Rich & Trey | Curt & Jeremy
- Team 5: Cahill & Marty | Asian James & Sutton
- Team 6: Tall James & Aschman | Yosh & Pete
- Team 7: Robinson & Shane | Austin & Caravello
Round 2 (1 v 1 matches) Pairings:
- Team 1: White James & Keith | Kevin & Lloyd
- Team 2: Andre & Bryce | Ben & Ian
- Team 3: Nate & Mat | Greg & Wally
- Team 4: Rich & Jeremy | Trey & Curt
- Team 5: Cahill & Sutton | Marty & Asian James
- Team 6: Tall James & Pete | Yosh & Aschman
- Team 7: Robinson & Caravello | Austin & Shane
Hopefully I’ll be able to keep the match ups a secret until May 19th, I highly doubt it, but I’ll try.
Reminder, team names and logos are due by next Thursday. The logos will be used on the scoreboards, so try to keep them relatively small and simple. If your team doesn’t submit anything to me by next Thursday, you’ll be at my mercy, so look forward to being named “Team Eggplant Emoji”.